- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (frozen) brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup no salt added black beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- Set a carbon steel skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add oil and the bell pepper and onion. As the veggies cook in the skillet, Add a pinch of sea salt and season the shrimp in another bowl. Once the veggies have deep sear marks, remove them from the skillet and place it back on the heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp is plump and white, about 6 – 8 minutes, then remove them from the skillet.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, add the cooked frozen rice and the black beans. Mix together then cook in the microwave or oven for 2 – 3 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt, pepper, lime juice and even cumin if you desire more flavor.
- Bring it together!
Evenly divide the rice mix among the meal containers, then the shrimp and veggies. If you desire a bit of sweetness to offset any spice, add a tablespoon or 2 of frozen corn to each serving.