Elements for 7 servings
- 1 1/2 cups pearled barley, raw and uncooked
- 1/2 purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 1 giant carrot, grated or shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (8oz) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 inexperienced onion stalks, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups no sugar added canned mandarins
result in 3 cups of salted water to a boil, add the barley and cook dinner for about 25 minutes till nearly all of the liquid has been absorbed, then drain, let it cool, then add to a big mixing bowl. Notice: barley must be comfortable but barely chewy.
Add the remaining salad substances to softly fold collectively.
Whisk collectively the substances for the dressing, then drizzle over the salad. Gently fold the salad once more, then high every particular person serving with crushed cashews.